Sunday, May 29, 2011

Is Tea a Wonder Herb?(Camella Sinensis)

    
 Question, What refreshes the mind, strengthens the memory, ensures longevity, helps reduce excess weight, helps relieve the common cold, and is the one of the most powerful antioxidants around? You guessed it, tea.
    When I say tea I am not talking about herbal tea I mean the camella sinensis plant. In America we have 4 main ways to buy it. White, green, oolong, and black. All four are equally healthy for you. Tea has been scientifically proven to be a nutritional superstar.
    As I use this blog to plant seeds only I want to encourage you to study further and make your own informed decisions about your health inside and out. Most things I write about have helped me personally and I am excited to share. I recommend that you study further on these subjects so that you make your own informed healthy choices.
    I got alot of my information from a book that I suggest everybody read. "The Ultimate Tea Diet" by Mark Ukra. http://www.ultimateteadiet.com/ 
    Mr Ukra is a tea expert and I found his book riveting. This book focuses on weight loss as a whole but it is a wealth of good news about out comforting cup of tea. He points out that the benefit of tea is based on the synergy of 3 elements. Caffeine, L-theanine, and epigallocatechin-3-gallate (say that 5 times real fast!) or EGCG. Apparently these 3 ingredients blended together are a powerhouse for T-cells. This explains why in Japan people smoke like chimneys and they remain cancer free. They drink 6 to 8 cups of green tea daily.
    Now I don't recommend smoking of course and I am not a doctor. This post is my opinion and I encourage you to conduct your own research. Please if you have a true medical problem seek a doctor that you trust.
    My own experience with tea has been very positive. I drink decaffeinated green tea at night and regular during the day. I don't snack anymore and I find it soothing. It has taken the edge off of all my unhealthy cravings. And the benefits just make me feel better about myself.
    That is why I asked for a tea pot for Christmas!
    Thanks for reading,
    Suzy Levi
   

No comments:

Post a Comment